The club has recently received re-accreditation at Level 3 of the Good Sports Program. We have been a part of this program for many years, but thought it was worthwhile reminding all of our Members what being a Level 3 Club means.
We are a Good Sports Level 3 accredited club.
Sporting clubs such as ours play a significant role in the community and have a responsibility to our members and their families. We have chosen to join over 6,500 clubs across Australia taking part in the Australian Drug Foundation’s Good Sports program. Through Good Sports we are committed to managing alcohol responsibly and ensuring smoke free areas, which we believe will help us to provide a healthy, safe and family friendly environment.
Through Good Sports we aim to:
– Eliminate risky drinking in the club through the promotion of a responsible approach to the sale and consumption of alcohol in the club
– Protect juniors and other young people from the misuse of alcohol in and around the club
– Provide a responsible smoke-free club environment, through designated smoking areas
At Level 3, we are committed to:
– Not selling or consuming alcohol without an appropriate liquor license
– Training our bar staff in Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
– Ensuring smoke free areas are available
– Organising safe and responsible social events and finding alternate prizes/fundraiser, rather than alcohol
– Thinking ahead and ensuring players and members get home safely after functions
– Formalising and implementing our club’s alcohol management policy
Over the past months we have been sharing little reminders of our policies in the newsletter. You can view our up-to-date policies here:
For more information speak to any of our Club Committee members about what being a Good Sports Club is all about or follow this link » click here